Daily Mail: Two cops held hostage by an active shooter inside a Philadelphia home escape after the gunman shot SIX officers during a drugs raid and he remains holed up in the property brandishing an AK-47
* SWAT members have rescued two officers who were held hostage inside a Philadelphia home by a gunman
* The cops became trapped in the home during a drugs raid when the suspect started firing around 4.30pm
* Gunman opened fire with what officers believes was an AK-47, prompting the ongoing standoff at the home
* At least six cops have been injured in the active shooter situation; they have non-life threatening injuries
* The incident unfolded along the 3700 block of North 15th Street and is still ongoing as suspect is still in home
* Authorities said earlier on Wednesday that at least one suspect was taken into custody following the raid
* President Donald Trump and other officials have been briefed on shooting and are monitoring the situation
Two officers who were being held hostage by a gunman inside a Philadelphia home have been rescued by SWAT members after the shooter shot six other cops with an AK-47 during a drugs raid.
Philadelphia Police Sgt Eric Gripp tweeted shortly after 9.30pm that the two officers ‘have been safely evacuated by PPD SWAT’.
‘Suspect is still armed and inside house. Continue to avoid the area.’
It’s unclear if the two rescued officers were injured. Police said the six injured officers did not have life-threatening injuries and some have already been discharged the hospital.
One of the officers, a father-of-two, was shot in the head, but the bullet grazed him and he’s expected to survive.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: There are a lot of crazy people out there.
The Latest: 6 officers shot by gunman released from hospital — AP
Several Philadelphia police officers shot: Live Updates — CNN
LIVE UPDATES: Six officers injured after Philadelphia shooting — KLTV
UPDATE: Philly Police Officers and Hostages Safely Extracted from Scene of Shooting — PJ Media
6 Philadelphia Police Officers Shot During Gun Battle In Nicetown-Tioga Section, 2 Officers Safely Evacuated From Home — CBS
PhillyGunman wounds at least 6 Philadelphia police; 2 others freed — AP
Police rescued after six officers wounded in Philadelphia shootout-– Reuters:
At least 6 Philadelphia officers wounded in shootout; police warn of active scene — FOX News Source : War News Updates